Thursday, December 11, 2014

Fourth blog

(This is a little late, my bad!)

So this previous Sunday, I was at church and these women were giving their testimonies about how they used to be addicted to drugs and how rough their lives were until they found this organization, called Life challenge. They have this program where you can sponsor a student. This involves donating $35/month/student. I will attach a picture of the brochure that explains what you get in return as well how you are helping. I was considering kind of re-routing my project to do something with this. I'm not sure yet, but maybe I could hold some sort of fundraiser to get money to donate every month. And maybe my end goal could be to meet the girl or maybe even have her come to my talk and share her story. 


Now I don't know if I am changing my project to do this, but it is kind of related to what I was doing before (in the sense of helping someone who is in a bad situation). I also am not sure about the rules of it being a Christian program, so I will have to look into that as well. 

I'm only really looking into this project because I haven't really been getting very far with my original idea. When I make up my mind, I'm sure you will hear about it.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment