Friday, January 9, 2015

Long time no see-fifth blog post

Hello again!

I know my past few blog post have been confusing, just me trying to figure out exactly what I am going to do with this project. I still don't have a set plan and all of the details worked out, but my thoughts have been sorted out.

Depression is extremely common among teenagers. I don't think many people realize how serious of an issue this is, it almost seems like I have more sad friends then happy ones. I've decided not to sit around and watch this anymore. I want to raise awareness to the fact mental health is just as important as physical health, a broken arm can heal. A mind, is a bit more complicated and a sick one can be extremely dangerous.

My plan of action is to talk to Hannah Connors, a former 20 time student, who last year did a project similar to mine. She organized a walk to raise money for suicide prevention (or something of the sorts). I don't know if we're just going to chat about project ideas, or maybe working together in some way, but I'm hoping she can help set me on the right path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment